Men want to know how to capture and keep their wife’s heart. Women want their husband to continue to pursue their heart. The problem is too many men take their cues from movies, the other guys at the office, or music. Too many women take their cues from movies, their girlfriends, or the music they listen to. The end result? There becomes a growing frustration and disconnect in the marriage.
To understand what every woman wants, men have to go back and look at what the Author of marriage says about the way to treat our wives. In fact, we were even given a model to follow.
The Apostle Paul wrote, “Husbands, love your wives JUST AS Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.” We’ll address the implications and the how in a moment, but first, the benefits.
- Your wife will know that she is cherished.
- Your wife will know that she has value.
- Your wife will want to draw closer to you.
- Your wife will feel safe around you.
- Your wife will know she can trust you.
- Your wife will feel more intimate toward you.
- Your wife will feel more confident.
- Your wife will gain strength from your strength to serve her.
- Your wife will experience peace knowing you are attentive.
- Your wife will feel connected to you.
- Your wife will feel more attractive
- Your wife will draw closer to Jesus.
Every woman wants that–and you have been given the example and have been empowered to give this to your wife.
Men, EVERY time you see a cross, it’s a reminder of how Jesus has loved you…
- Unconditionally (“While we were still sinners Christ died for us.”)
- Sacrificially (“…walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.”)
- Obediently (“…he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death….”)
- Lovingly (“As I have loved you, so you must love one another.”)
What every woman wants is a man who will love her JUST AS Jesus has loved him.
So how does a husband live this out on a daily basis?
- Sometimes it’s just the simple things like asking if he can get something for her when he goes to the kitchen.
- It’s staying home from golf or personal interests and watching the children so she can go out with her friends.
- It may be putting one’s career on hold to stay at home while she supports the family financially.
- It’s doing the chores that she really doesn’t enjoy.
- It’s listening and talking when you’d rather read, watch ESPN, or simply be alone for a while.
- It’s choosing to be pure in what you watch and what you think about so that you are faithful to her in all things.
- It’s studying her needs, wants, and love language so you can tailor your expressions of love to her way of receiving love.
- You get the idea.
Husbands, how will you love your wife JUST AS Christ loved the church as you build your marriage?
Like this article? Tweet the link! Subscribe via RSS or email! Add the link to your Facebook! Help your friends’ marriages by spreading the word about Build Your Marriage!